Short on cash? Looking for the best bang-for-your-buck skin care products? Great skin doesn’t have to break the bank and the upside is that you can start with these and then add more as your pocketbook allows.
- Cleanser -This goes without saying. If your face isn’t clean, it won’t look good.
- The best all-around cleanser is Aminogenesis Really Clean and at $19.50, it’s a steal. One bottle will last you at least 6 months.
- Vitamin C Serum - Vitamin C builds collagen, which firms the skin. It’s also an antioxidant and will help with blemishes. If you get a pure liquid serum and apply at night, you can put other vitamins and products on top of it. For more info, read our previous post on Vitamin C.
- Here’s a good place to splurge if you can. If you can’t, Credentials Vitamin C Creme is darn close. It retails for $37, which is downright cheap when you consider most are between $60 and $140.
- Peptides- Creams, serums, sunscreen – you name it, peptides are now in them. Please read my previous post to learn about them, but if you use enough of them, you won’t need a heavy moisturizer.
- The best one I can find for a bargain is Credentials Botanical Bio-Peptide Concentrate, $37. It’s a clear serum and when I use it, especially after masks, it makes my skin extremely soft.
- Sunscreen- I don’t think I need to explain this one much. If you don’t use it, you’ll be reversing what you’re trying to correct and all that time and money spent on your skin will be wasted. Use whatever sunscreen you like. Two we like are:
- For combination/dry skin, Credentials Daily Mineral Guard contains peptides for anti-aging and is SPF 25. Because of its anti-aging properties, it’s a deal at $23.
- Monimay Hair Shadz – A root cover-up/tint, sunscreen for the scalp and dry shampoo in one! A bottle is about $40 and will last for months and months. It not only will help you extend those trips to the salon, but it is also all natural without any chemicals.
If you start you skin care regimen with these and then add masks and a toner, you’ll see clearer, firmer skin in 2-3 weeks.
Remember, these are the essential items for your skin care regimen. Other products will accentuate and improve the effects of the basic products mentioned here.